Thursday, April 30, 2009

Not Too Exciting, But Not Too Boring!

*Family Movie Night. This month we watched "Bedtime Stories" We all laughed like crazy. It's a really good family movie (there aren't many of those anymore). This time the junk on the table = dinner for my family. Oh well, I can't be "perfect" ALL the time!


*Easter. See slide show
*FHE at the park (aka Oquirrh Hills Elem. playground).
*Soccer season began. Carter loves to play soccer. He is so fast and full of energy. We have the greatest team/coach. All but maybe 4 kids are in our ward and so is the coach. He has been Carter's coach the last 4 seasons. He does such a good job at making sure each player gets equal playing time. Carter really has fun. I love watching him play, especially when it's NOT raining.

*Temple Night. Thursdays continue to be our temple night. Caitlin has made it a goal to hold a temple recommend so she can do baptisms for the dead. Caitlin and her friend Anneliese came with us one Thursday and did baptisms while Danny and I did initiatory. It was such a great feeling to know that I was in the temple with my husband and daughter at the same time doing the Lord's work. I can't wait till May when Emma gets to join us.

* Surgery, AGAIN! Danny had surgery again. Hopefully this will be the last one. Dr. Price said he gave Danny the "Cadillac" surgery (I'm sure we will pay for it too)! Danny is doing well and thinks he is well enough to go to the midnight showing of "Wolverine" tonight. Good thing you can't drive when on narcotics! Thanks so much to all those who have helped us this week by sitting at the hospital with me, eating dinner w/me at the hospital so I didn't have to eat alone, by bringing dinners (they were really DELISH), watching kids, giving blessings, praying for and calling to check on Danny. Please keep praying for our family, we need them more then you know right now.
*That's pretty much it. Not too exciting but not too boring either. No fancy, fun filled vacations for this family, but we are excited to hear about and see pics of every ones travels. We are glad that great grandma Beth arrived in SL safely and are anxious to see her and be an active part in her life again. Oh, one more thing, less then a month till pool time...I hope it warms up!
P.S. Let's take Pres. Obama's advice and "wash our hands", I don't want anybody to get the "Swine flu"! Little joke: Someone said that a black man would be president when pigs fly. Sure enough, 100 days in office and we have "Swine Flu"! (Someone on Facebook)

1 comment:

Lonni said...

I'm glad Danny is doing good. I'm sorry I didnt help more. I luv u guys and your family is always in our prayers. Side note on the pool and warm weather all I have to say is I cant wait!!! yesssss!!!!