Monday, January 26, 2009

January in Review

I've decided at the end of each month I'm going to post a month in review. I think it will help me keep pics on the computer organized and be fun at the same time. So, with 6 days left in the month and a free minute here we go...


I don't like January (the month). It's so long and uneventful. Plus the weather is crappy and it seems like Salt Lake is in an inversion ALL month. January started with the traditional Jackson Family lunch at the Olive Garden on New Years Day. I love this tradition, of course I love anything that involves going out to dinner. After 2 wonderful weeks of no school or work, we had to go back dangit! It took me a bit to get back into the routine of homework and reading. It's amazing how easy you can fall out of routine. Caitlin had a science project due the day after we got back from break. She had to take a part of the digestive system and turn it into an amusement park ride. Given our family history, she choose to make the intestines into the "Log Ride"(I hope I don't need to explain). For Young Womens this month we had an etiquette dinner and went on a tour of the new Draper Utah temple. The temple is breathtaking! The chandelier in the celestial room is heart stopping. I'm really loving being in Young Womens. It's so great to be in there with Caitlin, and soon Emma. I think girls camp will be a blast with both of them there. Danny and I went to Tepanyaki with his family to celebrate Betty's bday (Danny's mom). We had such a great time and I love any event where I can put on great clothes and heels and be with Danny. We went over to the Mylers and played "spoons". I haven't played that in years. We were having a blast when Carter came in to the kitchen and announced he didn't feel good. His announcement was followed by puking all over Lonni's kitchen floor. We went home. The Hayford crew came over and we had dinner and played "Tripoly" (it's a combo of poker, hearts and Michigan rummy). Let's just say that when we go to Vegas in October we are taking Camie away from the pool for awhile to hit the tables. She kicked butt, she had the best poker hands! Grampa took all of us to Chuckee Cheese. It was so fun. Danny loved not having to follow kids around, he sat at the table and people watched. I think my kids were glad to have a little freedom and just do whatever. Little do they know that the reason I only gave them 6 tokens at at time was so they had to check in with me every 6 minutes. This Saturday (the 31st) Danny and I are going to try a new sushi place at the District called "Blue Fish". Well, there ya have it, a quick review of January. Only 5 months until it's pool time!
* In the slide show I've included pics of New Years eve. New Years Eve kinda blends with January.



3 comments:

Katrina Jackson said...

Cute pics! I can't get over the log ride it is far too funny!!!

Camie said...

I wish it felt like 5 months was a short time!! :(

Anonymous said...

totally cute blog!!! i love it.